I had such a fabulous time at Jane's Distressing workshop at Dawn Bibby's Design Studio on Saturday! I learnt so many new techniques and met some great people :)
... the background image has rivets (added with a 'boinger'!!) and distressed flowers and ribbon. The frame and image were scrumpled into a tight ball and distressed with Distress Ink. The edges were smeared with a glue-stick and embossed with gold embossing powder.
I love the random effect achieved this way.
The frame and image were distressed the same way as Card 1 (except embossing). I used alcohol ink on embossed foil. I used it to make corners.
No scrumpling this time! The edges of the papers were distressed with Distress Ink. The edge of the green paper were misted with water and rolled between thumb and finger, then heated to set.
The 'roll' and edges of the papers and image were embossed with gold using a glue-stick. Black ribbon was threaded through eyelet holes and die-cut butterflies were added.
I now know that 'distress' isn't just inking the edges!!
Thank you for looking x