My New Website - CARDS BY LOUISE

My New Website - CARDS BY LOUISE
Please click the picture to visit my New Website!

Wednesday 28 August 2013

16 AT LAST!!

Well, we're nearing the end of the summer holidays and for us, that signifies Tom's birthday.
He's always been one of the youngest in his class and I suppose that's always going to be the case till he leaves education and starts out in the world of work!
But today, he's sweet sixteen!
 
I saw a fabulously apt image over at Mo's Digital Pencil, called Computer Guy.  Tom loves his computer and computing and it's one of the A levels he's going to be studying.
 
This is what I made him:
 


I painted the background with green, blue and soft gold acrylic paint.  Then, I inked a SplodgeAway steampunk mask with Versamark, ran it through my Grand Calibur and heat set it with black sparkle embossing powder.  I replaced the mask and highlighted certain areas with paint.  I also painted lightly through sequin waste.
 
I coloured the digistamp with promarkers and darkened the edges with acrylic paints.  To finish off, I stamped and embossed the '16' and 'today' using Clarity stamps.
 
Well, my summer holidays are nearly over (sob sob) and I'll soon be starting work again.  I cant complain though, we have had FANTASTIC weather this year and it has been so nice to spend time outside in the warm sun.
 
Hope you're having a fab week and if not, it's nearly the weekend yayy!!
 


2 comments:

Carol S. said...

Great card Louise. I am sure he loves it. It's my husbands' birthday today and mine on Monday. All happy Virgos! We have had such a good summer this year, we are all going to miss the warm sunny days. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Louise and I am sure he loved it. My eldest son was born 27 August and he was always the youngest too. So happy that the weather has been better this year and that you have had a good holiday. I hope your son did well with his exam results too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...